The Communications Intern will be responsible for all aspects of social media presence for Tulaa across different websites. S/he will be responsible for writing blog posts for Tulaa’s coverage in tech blogs in Africa. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives on creating order from chaos, and is motivated to join an early stage startup with huge potential for growth.
About the Role
- Design, build and maintain Tulaa’s social media presence across various websites, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Crunchbase
- Create digital content in the form of articles for blogs and the Tulaa website
- Liaise with various tech startup-focused blogs and media agencies in Africa to cover Tulaa
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Prior experience in managing social media presence and blogging (Do share your portfolio)
- Fluency in English is a must
- Possession of creative flair and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, independent and a fast learner
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Proven alignment with our core values, which are Get Your Boots Muddy, Do the Right Thing, Act Like an Owner, Be Passionate and Persistent, and Go Farther Together
Tulaa is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity of gender, race, age,political affiliation, physical ability and/or sexual orientation.